Lesson Plan: Calculating Percentages with a Calculator Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate percentages of quantities using a calculator.
Students will be able to
- calculate percentages of quantities using a calculator,
- solve word problems involving percentages of quantities.
Students should already be familiar with
- writing a percentage as a decimal,
- calculating simple percentages of quantities,
- using a calculator,
Students will not cover
- addition or subtraction of percentages,
- percentage change,
- percentage increase and decrease.