Lesson Plan: Comparing Decimals Using Place Value Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare and order decimals with up to three decimal places.
Students will be able to
- compare two numbers with up to three decimal places on number lines,
- compare two numbers with up to three decimal places using place value,
- compare numbers in different forms including standard, word, and expanded,
- order decimal numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing whole numbers using number lines and place value,
- comparing numbers with two decimal places using number lines and place value.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers with more than three decimal places.