Lesson Plan: Rounding Numbers up to 1,000,000 Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to round numbers up to one million to any place value using number lines and by considering the value of each digit.
Students will be able to
- round whole numbers to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand, and hundred thousand,
- round numbers using number lines,
- round numbers using place value.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 1,000,000,
- representing numbers up to 1,000,000 on number lines.
Students will not cover
- rounding numbers greater than 1,000,000.