Lesson Plan: Subtracting Tens or Ones on a Hundred Chart Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to subtract tens or ones from a number using a hundred chart.
Students will be able to
- use a hundred chart to subtract ones from a number,
- use a hundred chart to subtract tens from a number,
- compare the methods of subtracting tens and ones from a number using a hundred chart.
Students should already be familiar with
- numbers up to 100,
- finding one more and one less for numbers up to 100,
- finding ten more and ten less for numbers up to 100.
Students will not cover
- subtracting both tens and ones from a number using a hundred chart,
- subtracting single-digit numbers from two-digit numbers and crossing the tens boundary,
- numbers greater than 100.