Lesson Plan: Converting and Comparing Customary Units Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert and compare customary units of length, mass, and capacity and apply unit conversion to solve real-world problems.
Students will be able to
- convert between pints and cups,
- convert between fluid ounces and cups,
- convert between pints and quarts,
- convert between pints and gallons,
- apply unit conversion to solve real-world problems.
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- converting between different systems of units.