Lesson Plan: Roots of Cubic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the roots of cubic functions with integer coefficients.
Students will be able to
- find the roots of a cubic function by taking cube roots,
- read off the roots of a cubic function from its linear factors,
- find the roots of a cubic function by factoring,
- determine the coefficients of a cubic function given its roots.
Students should already be familiar with
- roots of quadratic functions.