Lesson Plan: Linear Programming Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the optimal solution of a linear system that has an objective function and multiple constraints.
Students will be able to
- maximize or minimize the value of a function within a given region,
- use linear programming to maximize or minimize a value in a real-life situation.
Students should already be familiar with
- two-variable linear inequalities,
- graphs of linear inequalities,
- solving systems of linear inequalities.