Lesson Plan: Parallel Connection Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify parallel circuits, explain the benefits of using parallel circuits in our homes, and compare series circuits to parallel circuits.
Students will be able to
- identify parallel circuits,
- describe how the number of lamps in a parallel circuit affects light intensity,
- describe what happens in a parallel circuit when a lamp is removed or burns out,
- explain why parallel circuits are used in our homes,
- compare parallel and series circuits.
Students should already be familiar with
- simple electric circuits,
- components of an electrical circuit,
- series circuits.
Students will not cover
- using electrical symbols in circuit diagrams.