Lesson Plan: The Equilibrium Constant for Concentration Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to construct and calculate the equilibrium constant for concentration.
Students will be able to
- quantify equilibria using equilibrium constants,
- express equilibrium constants as a ratio between the concentrations of the reactants and the concentration of the products,
- formulate expressions for ,
- calculate values for and other unknowns giving answers with the correct units.
Students should already be familiar with
- dynamic equilibrium,
- homogeneous and heterogeneous reactions,
- closed systems,
- Le Chatelier’s principle.
Students will not cover