Lesson Plan: Recognizing and Counting Money: 5, 20, and 50 Pounds
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify 5 LE, 20 LE, and 50 LE notes, calculate amounts of these notes, and identify items that can be purchased with these amounts.
Students will be able to
- identify a 5 LE note,
- identify a 20 LE note,
- identify a 50 LE note,
- count 5 LE, 20 LE, and 50 LE notes,
- identify ways to make given amounts in different ways using LE notes,
- identify items that can be bought with 5 LE, 20 LE, and 50 LE notes,
- compare and order groups of 1 LE coins and 1 LE, 5 LE, 20 LE, and 50 LE notes.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing, counting, and comparing 1 LE coins, 1 LE notes, and 10 LE notes.
Students will not cover
- amounts over 100 LE,
- calculating the total cost of more than one object.