Lesson Plan: Scale Diagrams Physics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use scale diagrams to represent the resultants of combined vector quantities and the components of vectors.
Students will be able to
- appreciate that vectors can represent forces, velocities, accelerations, etc.,
- use scale diagrams to identify and measure perpendicular components of a vector,
- use scale diagrams to identify and measure the resultant of two vectors,
- use scale diagrams to identify and measure the angle between a vector and one of its perpendicular components.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that a vector has a direction and a magnitude.
Students will not cover
- any calculations.