Lesson Plan: Cryoscopic and Ebullioscopic Effects
In this lesson, we will learn how to use cryoscopic and ebullioscopic constants to calculate how solutes affect solution melting and boiling points.
Students will be able to
- derive the formula for finding the area of a rhombus given the lengths of its diagonals,
- find the area of a rhombus given its diagonals,
- find unknown lengths of a rhombus using the formula for finding its area given the lengths of its diagonals,
- find the area of a square in terms of its diagonal,
- solve problems involving finding the area of both a square and rhombus using their diagonals.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the area of a square using its side length,
- find the area of a rhombus using its base length and height.
Students will not cover
- the Pythagorean theorem.