Lesson Plan: The Biosphere Science • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe the biosphere and how human activities can negatively impact it.
Students will be able to
- identify the biosphere as one of the four major systems making up Earth,
- define the biosphere,
- identify ways in which the biosphere interacts with the atmosphere, hydrosphere, and geosphere,
- identify and describe some of the effects of human activities on the biosphere, including overfishing, deforestation, and the introduction of invasive species,
- define the terms endangered and extinct,
- describe how to prevent damage to the biosphere.
Students should already be familiar with
- the geosphere,
Students will not cover
- details of the geosphere, atmosphere, and hydrosphere,
- renewable and nonrenewable resources.