Lesson Plan: Multiplying and Dividing Rational Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to multiply and divide rational functions.
Students will be able to
- multiply and simplify rational functions, stating the resulting domains,
- divide and simplify rational functions, stating the resulting domains,
- find the multiplicative inverse of a rational function in the simplest form, stating its domain,
- evaluate the product or quotient of two rational functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- functions and their domains,
- simplifying rational functions.
Students will not cover
- adding and subtracting rational functions.