Lesson Plan: Precipitation Gravimetry Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine the mass or composition of an analyte using precipitation gravimetry.
Students will be able to
- define the precipitation method in gravimetric analysis,
- describe the experimental procedure involved in precipitation gravimetry,
- describe how to use precipitation gravimetry to calculate the mass of composition of an analyte,
- calculate the mass or composition of an analyte using experimental data.
Students should already be familiar with
- precipitation reactions.
Students will not cover
- considerations such as particle size or solubility.