Lesson Plan: Conditional Probability: Tree Diagrams Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use tree diagrams to calculate conditional probabilities.
Students will be able to
- draw tree diagrams given conditional probabilities,
- calculate conditional probabilities using tree diagrams.
Students should already be familiar with
- tree diagrams,
- operations on events such as union and intersection,
- conditional probability and the formula ,
- basic probability rules,
- calculating combined probabilities.
Students will not cover
- checking for independent and dependent events,
- more than three trials,