Lesson Plan: Alloys Chemistry • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to describe the formation and the applications of alloys and the effect of alloying on the properties of metals.
Students will be able to
- define the term alloy and the process of alloying,
- explain why alloying changes the properties of a material,
- list different types of common alloys and their composition,
- compare the properties of different alloys to each other and the original metal,
- interpret plots of alloy properties to identify optimum compositions.
Students should already be familiar with
- metallic bonding in metals,
- the particulate model of matter.