Lesson Plan: Making Two-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to decompose two-digit numbers in multiple ways and understand that numbers can be broken up into more than two parts.
Students will be able to
- use models to decompose two-digit numbers in multiple ways,
- use a systematic method to find possible decompositions of two-digit numbers,
- break up two-digit numbers into more than two parts (multiple groups of tens and a group of ones).
Students should already be familiar with
- the place values of two-digit numbers,
- how to break up two-digit numbers into a certain number of tens and less than 10 ones.
Students will not cover
- numbers greater than 99,
- comparing two-digit numbers.