Lesson Plan: Graphs of Simple Cubic Functions
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to graph and interpret cubic functions of the form 𝑦 = 𝑘𝑥³ + 𝑐.
Students will be able to
- graph cubic functions of the form ,
- observe that the graph of is compressed when , stretched when , and reflected in the when ,
- observe that the constant term translates the graph by the vector (i.e., units vertically),
- identify the correct graph of a given function of the form .
Students should already be familiar with
- graphing quadratic functions.