Lesson Plan: Parts of the Digestive System Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and describe the path that food takes in the digestive system after it leaves the mouth and explore ways to keep the digestive system healthy.
Students will be able to
- identify the pharynx, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine,
- describe the functions of the pharynx, esophagus, small intestine, and large intestine,
- describe the path food takes through the digestive system,
- explore the digestion of fats in the small intestine,
- identify the importance of food and ways to keep the digestive system healthy.
Students should already be familiar with
- the main body systems,
- the general structure and function of the digestive system,
- the digestive canal.
Students will not cover
- the main parts of the mouth.