Lesson Plan: Angles in Standard Position Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify angles in standard position and find the positive and negative measures of their equivalent angles.
Students will be able to
- identify when an angle is in standard position,
- determine the quadrant in which a given angle lies,
- find equivalent angles to a given angle:
- positive and negative angles (coterminal),
- simplifying angles greater than 360 degrees.
Students should already be familiar with
- the four quadrants,
Students will not cover
- questions involving closed geometric shapes.