Lesson Plan: Edges of 3D Shapes Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and count the edges of 3D shapes and use edges to classify 3D shapes.
Students will be able to
- identify the number of edges in common 3D shapes,
- classify a shape according to its edges,
- construct shapes using everyday objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying common 3D shapes.
Students will not cover
- faces or vertices of 3D shapes.