Lesson Plan: Alkynes Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to name and describe the reactions of alkynes.
Students will be able to
- describe the homologous series of alkynes,
- name different alkyne molecules and explain their physical properties,
- describe the preparation of alkynes in the laboratory and on an industrial scale,
- explain common addition reactions of alkynes.
Students should already be familiar with
- sigma and pi bonding in organic molecules,
- polar bonds and polar molecules.