Lesson Plan: Adding Numbers up to 1000 Using a Number Line Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use jumps on a number line to add numbers within 1,000.
Students will be able to
- decompose three-digit numbers in preparation for using a number line to add,
- make jumps on a number line to count on by ones, tens, or hundreds,
- analyze and explain the process of solving addition problems by using jumps on a number line.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding ones, tens, and hundreds to two- and three-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- sums of 1,000 or greater,
- adding more than two numbers.