Lesson Plan: Solving Systems of Linear Inequalities Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve systems of linear inequalities by graphing them and identify the regions representing the solution.
Students will be able to
- identify the regions on a graph that represent the solution to a system of inequalities,
- sketch a graph to represent a system of linear inequalities in order to solve them,
- identify the system of linear inequalities represented by a graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- linear inequalities,
- graphing linear inequalities.
Students will not cover
- applications on systems of linear inequalities,
- systems including anything other than two-variable inequalities,
- linear programming.