Lesson Plan: Solving Quadratic Equations with Complex Roots Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve quadratic equations whose roots are complex numbers.
Students will be able to
- factor a quadratic equation that has complex roots,
- find the complex roots of a quadratic equation when it has no real roots,
- find the quadratic equation given its complex roots.
Students should already be familiar with
- the discriminant of a quadratic equation,
- complex numbers,
- the quadratic formula.
Students will not cover
- finding roots of cubic equations and higher-order polynomial equations.