Lesson Plan: Subtracting by Counting Back: Numbers up to 20 Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to subtract within 20 by counting back and find the difference between two numbers by counting on from the minuend.
Students will be able to
- count back to subtract within 20,
- subtract by counting on,
- solve subtraction problems within 20.
Students should already be familiar with
- reading and writing numbers up to 20,
- subtracting numbers up to 10.
Students will not cover
- subtracting from a number greater than 20.