Lesson Plan: Place Value: Tenths and Hundredths Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the place value of digits in numbers with two decimal places and partition decimals in different ways.
Students will be able to
- state the place value of any digit in numbers with up to two decimal places,
- partition numbers in multiple ways,
- partition quantities in multiple ways.
Students should already be familiar with
- equivalence between tenths and hundredths (e.g., ),
- representations of tenths and hundredths.
Students will not cover
- using number lines to identify hundredths,