Lesson Plan: Cells in Series Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the total emf of a set of cells that are connected in series.
Students will be able to
- recognize that cells can be connected in series, with each cell aligned the same way,
- recall what the circuit symbol for a cell is,
- recall that when cells are connected in series, the total emf is equal to the sum of the emfs of each cell,
- recall that a battery is a set of cells.
Students should already be familiar with
- what potential difference is,
- the idea that potential difference is measured in volts.
Students will not cover
- the rules for potential difference, current, or resistance for any other type of circuit component,
- non-direct current,
- Ohm’s law,
- internal resistance.