Lesson Plan: Distance–Time Graphs Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use distance–time graphs to compare the speeds of objects.
Students will be able to
- relate data in tables to data on graphs,
- draw straight trend lines that pass through all points and the origin,
- know that uniform speed is represented on distance–time graphs by a straight line,
- know that a steeper line on a distance–time graph represents a greater speed.
Students will not cover
- calculating speed from gradient,
- average speed,