Lesson Plan: Determining Whether an Inequality Is True or False Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify whether an inequality is true or false for a given value of a variable and to determine numbers that satisfy an inequality.
Students will be able to
- identify if an inequality that shows a relationship between numbers is true or false,
- identify if a particular value satisfies an inequality or not,
- identity which inequality does or does not satisfy a value.
Students should already be familiar with
- inequality statements,
- representing inequalities on number lines.
Students will not cover
- solving inequalities with more than one operation,
- nonlinear inequalities,
- graphing inequalities.