Lesson Plan: Range of a Data Set Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the range of a data set.
Students will be able to
- find the range of a data set,
- find the largest element of a set when given the smallest element and the range,
- find the smallest element of a set when given the largest element and the range,
- understand that the range of a data set can be used as a measure of spread (dispersion).
Students should already be familiar with
- set notation,
- representing data graphically,
- the terms measure of center and measure of spread.
Students will not cover
- interquartile range,
- calculating measures of center,
- standard deviation,