Lesson Plan: Circuit Diagrams Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the circuit symbols for several basic circuit components and interpret circuit diagrams.
Students will be able to
- identify and draw the circuit symbols for a cell, a battery, a voltmeter, an ammeter, a bulb, a motor, a buzzer, an open switch, and a closed switch,
- understand that circuits must be closed in order for charge to flow.
Students will not cover
- calculations of the current using ,
- Ohm’s Law,
- – characteristics,
- the distinction between conventional current and electron flow,
- any circuit components other than those mentioned above,
- the difference between series and parallel circuits,
- how the components mentioned above must be connected in a circuit.