Lesson Plan: Applications of Radioactivity Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify applications of nuclear radiation.
Students will be able to
- recognise some applications of nuclear radiation.
- recognise that nuclear power stations generate radioactive waste.
Students should already be familiar with
- the term ‘nuclear radiation’.
Students will not cover
- specific details of the ways that nuclear radiation is used in different applications.
- distinguishing the types of nuclear radiation used for different applications.