Lesson Plan: How Light Travels
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use investigation to describe how light travels in straight lines.
Students will be able to
- identify the path of a ray of light,
- describe how to investigate the path of a ray of light,
- describe how to demonstrate that light travels in straight lines,
- describe how light travels.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that light is required to see the things around us,
- transparent, translucent, and opaque objects.
Students will not cover
- the reflection of light,
- the speed of light.