Lesson Plan: Rounding Numbers with One Decimal Place Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to round decimals with one decimal place to the nearest whole number.
Students will be able to
- round numbers with one decimal place to the nearest whole number,
- use number lines to round numbers,
- use place value rules to round numbers,
- round quantities to the nearest whole number.
Students should already be familiar with
- rounding whole numbers with up to four digits.
Students will not cover
- rounding numbers with more than one decimal place.