Lesson Plan: The Number of Hours in a Day Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify that there are 24 hours in a day and know the difference between am and pm.
Students will be able to
- understand that there are 24 hours in a day,
- use the terms am and pm,
- explain that times appear twice in a day,
- know that on an analog clock, the hour hand will do 2 full rotations,
- know that on an analog clock, the minute hand will do 24 full rotations,
- identify whether an event happens in the morning, at noon, or in the afternoon.
Students should already be familiar with
- telling the time to a quarter hour on digital and analog clocks,
- the terms morning, afternoon, and evening.
Students will not cover
- the 24-hour clock,
- calculating intervals.