Lesson Plan: Handling Data Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use appropriate calculations and figures to analyze and display biological data.
Students will be able to
- calculate and identify the mean, mode, and median of a given set of data,
- understand simple probabilities,
- recall the difference between discontinuous and continuous data and identify examples of each,
- recall the difference between quantitative and qualitative data and identify examples of each,
- use scientific notation and significant figures correctly.
Students should already be familiar with
- basic math skills.
Students will not cover
- constructing graphs.