Lesson Plan: Conditional and Absolute Convergence Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine if a series is absolutely convergent, conditionally convergent, or divergent.
Students will be able to
- know what it means for a series to be absolutely convergent or conditionally convergent,
- find whether a series is absolutely convergent, conditionally convergent, or divergent,
- know that any rearranging of terms of an absolutely convergent series will yield the same sum.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a series,
- the concepts of convergence and divergence for series,
- geometric series and series,
- alternating series and their convergence test,
- the integral test for series,
- the term divergence test.
Students will not cover
- the ratio test for series.