Lesson Plan: Multiplying by 4 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use skip counting and doubling and recall multiplication facts to multiply by 4.
Students will be able to
- use skip counting to multiply by 4,
- apply the strategy of doubling twice to multiply by 4,
- recognize that multiplication facts are the same as multiplication facts doubled,
- recite multiplication facts up to 40.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing multiplications using arrays and equal groups,
- the multiplication symbol,
- the concept of doubling,
- and multiplication facts.
Students will not cover
- multiples of 4 greater than 40,
- solving word problems.