Lesson Plan: Number Patterns: Two-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find missing numbers in number patterns using addition and subtraction rules.
Students will be able to
- identify addition or subtraction rules for a number pattern,
- extend a number pattern two places,
- apply a number rule to create a number pattern with up to five places,
- match a rule to a number pattern,
- extend number patterns using a given rule.
Students should already be familiar with
- repeating patterns,
- growing patterns,
- skip counting forward and backward.
Students will not cover
- shape patterns,
- patterns with multiplication or division rules,
- numbers more than 100.