Lesson Plan: Comparing Groups by Counting up to 5 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use counting to compare two groups of up to five objects.
Students will be able to
- use comparison language to compare groups of up to 5 objects,
- model a comparison sentence using objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting up to 5 objects,
- reading numbers up to 5,
- comparing groups using a matching strategy,
- comparing groups using more than, less than, and equal.
Students will not cover
- comparing numerals up to 5,
- counting more than 5 objects,
- less than, greater than, or equal to symbols.