Lesson Plan: Geometric Transformations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify different geometric transformations, such as translation, reflection, and rotation, of some figures.
Students will be able to
- define a transformation as the movement of a figure,
- describe reflections, rotations, and translations,
- identify whether a figure has been reflected, rotated, or translated,
- name the image of a transformation,
- understand that there may be more than one transformation that can be used to obtain the same image.
Students should already be familiar with
- naming and drawing points, lines, line segments, and rays.
Students will not cover
- transformations with coordinates.