Lesson Plan: Drawing Line Plots
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw a line plot for a data set by deciding on an appropriate key and scale.
Students will be able to
- read a line plot with a nonunit key and scale,
- draw a line plot for a set of data,
- choose an appropriate scale and key for a line plot.
Students should already be familiar with
- drawing and reading line plots with unit scales,
- reading data of nonunit scales.
Students will not cover
- representing fractions and decimals on a line plot.