Lesson Plan: Angle Sum and Difference Identities Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to derive the angle sum and difference identities, graphically or using the unitary circle, and use them to find trigonometric values.
Students will be able to
- derive the angle sum and difference identities,
- simplify expressions using angle sum and angle difference identities,
- evaluate expressions using angle sum and angle difference identities,
- find missing angles in triangles using the angle sum and difference identities.
Students should already be familiar with
- evaluating trigonometric functions.
Students will not cover
- questions that involve double and half angles.