Lesson Plan: Dividing a Two-Digit Number by a Multiple of 10
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the quotient when the divisor is a multiple of ten.
Students will be able to
- use place value and basic facts to divide by multiples of 10,
- use long division to find the quotient when the divisor is a multiple of 10,
- understand where to place the first digit in the quotient.
Students should already be familiar with
- dividing a multidigit number by a one-digit number,
- dividing by 10,
- interpreting remainders.
Students will not cover
- decimal and fraction quotients.