Lesson Plan: Dividing by 2 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use various strategies to divide by 2 within the known times table up to 12 × 2.
Students will be able to
- use models to divide by 2,
- skip count to divide by 2,
- use known multiplication facts to divide by 2,
- solve word problems involving division by 2.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward in 2s,
- the 2 times table up to .
Students will not cover
- quotients larger than 12.