Lesson Plan: Equation of a Straight Line: Parametric Form Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the equation of a straight line in parametric form using a point on the line and the vector direction of the line.
Students will be able to
- convert the equation of a two-dimensional straight line from vector form to parametric form,
- write the parametric equation of a two-dimensional line given a point on the line and its direction vector,
- write the parametric equation of a two-dimensional line given two points on the line.
Students should already be familiar with
- vector equations of lines in two dimensions.
Students will not cover
- cartesian equations of the straight line.