Lesson Plan: Similarity of Polygons Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify and prove the similarity of polygons, write the order of the corresponding vertices, and use the similarity to solve problems.
Students will be able to
- identify similar polygons by checking that their corresponding angles are congruent and their corresponding sides are proportional,
- identify corresponding vertices in similar polygons and write them in order,
- find the scale factor between two similar polygons and use it to find missing lengths,
- solve problems using similarity.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying different types of polygons.
Students will not cover
- similarity of triangles.