Lesson Plan: Squares Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify squares, count the sides and corners of squares, and identify real-life objects that are shaped like squares.
Students will be able to
- identify squares in different orientations,
- identify squares of different sizes and colors,
- count the sides and corners of squares,
- count squares within an image,
- identify real-life objects that are shaped like squares.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting accurately to 4.
Students will not cover
- counting the angles of squares,
- measuring the sides or angles of squares.